Here are the 5 things I personally do to make the most of networking events and conferences:
- I arrive early to meet the event organizer and host and reconnect with them at the end of the event to say thank you.
- I send the speaker a note before the event to introduce myself and tell them I am looking forward to hearing their presentation.
- I take a photo or shoot a video of the speakers and attendees to share and tag on social media to give them publicity.
- I meet the event sponsors and ask them why they supported the event to get insight into their needs and see if I can help them further.
- I meet at least 3 new people and followup with them immediately on LinkedIn with a note, a connection request and some helpful information.
To make the most of your networking opportunities,
- do some research to develop a strategy,
- connect with as many people as you can beforehand,
- meet the key people involved,
- provide value in the way of resources or referrals, and
- followup after the event so you can take the relationship further.
Building a strong network by helping others will make a big impact on your level of success in business.
Learn more about our connection-building community, The Success Connection, HERE.